Lots of teachers are asking questions about using Flubaroo to grade assessments. It’s a great tool. Flubaroo is an add-on for Google Sheets that must be installed from the Chrome store (super easy). (Google Sheets is Google’s spreadsheet program which is similar to Excel).
This is how it works:
- You create an assessment using Google Forms.
- Students complete the form/survey, and then Google automatically records the responses in a spreadsheet that it creates in your Google Drive.
- You add a row to your spreadsheet with the correct answers for your assessment.
- You can have more than one correct answer
- Answers are exact matches, so Flubaroo works best with multiple choice, true/false type questions. You can use text boxes, but realize that US does not equal USA or United States or any other combination. Flubaroo uses a letter by letter match and they must be identical.
- Tell Flubaroo to grade the assignment and in just a few moments it will create a new worksheet in your spreadsheet with a summary of the data.
- You’re done! When you get some practice with this, you can go from students completing an assessment to a graded assessment in under a minute. Grades still need to be entered into Powerschool manually. Consider it for entrance/exit surveys.
This intro video (3:14) explains how to get started with Flubaroo. If you have additional questions, I can always come to your PLC meetings. Just ask.
A more detailed explanation of using Flubaroo.